Your visit to the Munich Zoo Hellabrunn should be an unforgettable experience. Please be considerate of your fellow visitors and the special needs of our animals.
General Terms and Conditions for Visits to Hellabrunn Zoo
- The zoo grounds are private property. Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG holds authority over the entire premises, including the animal houses and enclosures within it. Visitors must follow the instructions displayed or communicated by our zoo staff at all times.
- The zoo reserves the right to remove any visitor who fails to comply with these terms and conditions, or disobeys the instructions displayed in the zoo or communicated by the zookeepers. In such cases, the entrance fee will not be refunded. Furthermore, the zoo reserves the right to report the offence to the police.
- Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG (Hellabrunn Zoo) and its employees assume no responsibility for persons requiring supervision.
- Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG shall only be liable in case of wilful intent or gross negligence; in case of slight negligence only where a violation of an essential contractual obligation is evident. These limitations of liability do not apply to injury to body, life or health. All exclusions and limittions also apply to employees and representatives working on behalf of Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG.
- Each visitor shall be liable for damages arising from failure to adhere to the zoo rules or due to gross negligence or wilful intent caused by the visitor or persons under their supervision (children or other persons under supervision). The zoo shall not be liable for damages caused to any visitor due to a violation of any of these zoo rules.
- The zoo may not be used as a venue for any type of event without the consent of the management. Events of any kind (e.g. courses, etc.) require the prior written approval of Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG (Hellabrunn Zoo).
- Do not leave the designated visitor paths, do not cross any barriers, do not climb over any fences or moats and do not enter prohibited greenspaces.
- Keep your children away from the Auer Mühlbach river. Do not lift children over rails or other barriers, or rest them on enclosure or bridge railings.
- The paths in the zoo and animal houses are designed with natural elements and therefore require greater attention.
- Carrying weapons is not permitted.
- Grilling or private cooking fires are not permitted anywhere on the zoo grounds. Fire safety regulations must be observed at all times.
- Parts of the zoo are monitored by CCTV for security and zoological purposes. The corresponding areas are clearly marked. Important information on the purpose and scope of video surveillance, the data controller and links (QR code) is provided on the security camera notices around the zoo. You can also ask our data protection officer for further information at any time.
- Participation in animal walks and entering the petting zoo is at the visitor’s own risk.
- A valid ticket is required to enter the zoo. Every visitor must have valid ticket, which can be purchased at either of the two entrances of the zoo. The ticket must be kept during your visit and presented on demand. The ticket becomes invalid once you leave the zoo.
- Children under 12 years and persons who do not possess the necessary maturity to observe the zoo rules or require permanent supervision due of their mental or physical condition must be supervised by an accompanying adult or carer while on the zoo grounds, at all times.
- An annual pass entitles the person in whose name it is issued to admission to the zoo during normal opening hours for one year until the date of expiry. Annual passes are non-transferrable. The purchase of an annual pass does not guarantee entitlement to the daily opening of the zoo for the duration of the pass’ validity. The annual pass is the property of Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG (Hellabrunn Zoo). Any misuse (e.g. allowing other persons to use the pass) or fraudulent attempts to use the pass may result in the pass being revoked with immediate effect. Furthermore, Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG reserves the right to report the abuse to the police. Any annual pass holder who fails to bring or present their annual pass at the ticket office must pay the applicable 1-day ticket price to enter the zoo, even if he or she arrives on a day for which the annual pass is valid. The payment for this 1-day ticket is not refundable.
- Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG (Hellabrunn Zoo) is not liable for the loss of any annual pass.
- Liability in case of closure of the zoo due to special circumstances is also excluded.
- The purchase of a ticket does not entitle the visitor access to all services or areas of the zoo (i.e. access to all species exhibits or animal houses). We reserve the right to restrict access to certain areas of the zoo due to animal welfare orfor other reasons (e.g. construction work, weather conditions, special events, etc.).
- The resale of entrance tickets or the commercial exploitation of such tickets isstrictly prohibited. Entrance tickets that have been acquired illegally or are misused shall lose their validity. The persons concerned shall be banned from entering Hellabrunn Zoo in future. The zoo reserves the right to report such abuse to the police.
- The zoo is only open to the public between the opening and closing times advertised. Exceptions may occur in case of tours organised by the zoo or special events.
- The zoo is not liable for accidents that occur outside of opening and closing hours.
- Dogs are allowed in the zoo, but must be kept on a short leash. Dog owners shall be liable for any damage incurred by Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG or third parties as a result of bringing the dog into the zoo. Dog waste must be immediately scooped and disposed of in the correct bin.
- Each visitor is allowed to bring one dog.
- Visiting the zoo presents a special challenge for each individual dog. Dog owner groups (e.g. dog schools) are therefore strictly prohibited from entering the zoo.
- Dogs are not allowed inside the animal houses – not even when carried in the owner’s arms or transported in any another way. They may also not be left unattended while tethered within the zoo. Exceptions apply for registered assistance and guide dogs with the appropriate proof of certification and where the use of a dog harness makes it obvious that the dog is a service animal. Assistance and guide dogs must be kept on a short harness in front of the visitor at all times. It is also prohibited to take dogs onto any of our children playgrounds.
- No other pets are allowed to be taken into the zoo.
Contact with our animals
- Our animals enjoy a carefully prepared well-balanced diet to suit their specific needs. In order not to endanger the health of our animals, the zoo has introduced a total feed ban.
- Many plants are toxic to certain animals. Do not feed plants to any of the animals!
- Climbing over barriers or reaching into the enclosures endangers both animals and visitors and is therefore strictly prohibited.
- Animals also need rest: Do not attempt to attract the animals’ attention by shouting, banging on glass, throwing snowballs, stones or other objects, spraying with water pistols, etc. Do not hold any sticks or umbrellas within reach of the animals. Radios and similar noise-generating devices must also be switched off.
Filming and photography
- Filming and photography for private use is allowed.
- Commercial filming or photography is only permitted with the prior consent of the management of Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG (Hellabrunn Zoo).
- Flash photography is prohibited in all animal houses. Lighting equipment, light reflectors and other lighting appartus which can be used for illuminating images are likewise prohibited. We kindly ask all visitors to respect this.
- The use of drones and selfie sticks is not permitted in the zoo.
Advertising, sales and canvassing
- Advertising, the offering of commercial or free goods and services, or the conduct of surveys or censuses on the grounds of the zoo (incl. the parking lot) is only permitted with the prior written consent of the management of Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG (Hellabrunn Zoo).
- The placing or distribution of brochures or flyers of any kind without the prior written consent of the management of Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG (Hellabrunn Zoo) is prohibited.
- The collection of donations or solicitation of personnel or customers by companies, associations and other institutions without the prior written consent of the management of Münchener Tierpark Hellabrunn AG (Hellabrunn Zoo) is likewise prohibited.
Onsiderartion for fellow visition at the zoo
- Bicycles, scooters, kickboards, roller skates, inline skates, skateboards, skating skis, segways, e-scooters, motor vehicles and the like are prohibited for your own safety. Likewise, it is prohibited to play with balls, frisbees or balloons.
- Smoking is prohibited in all buildings and other smoke-free designated zones, e.g. playground areas for children.
- Please help us to keep our zoo clean by using the bins provided.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring and consume their own alcoholic drinks inside the zoo.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased in the zoo may only be consumed in the respective restaurant area. Visitors are not allowed to carry such drinks into the main zoo area.
- It is prohibited to search through bins at the zoo.
- The zoo is situated in a conservation area. Please do not pick or destroy the flowers or plants.
- Urinating anywhere outside of the toilets provided is prohibited. Please take into consideration you are visiting a conservation area and respect your fellow visitors by using one of the sanitary facilities conveniently located around the zoo.
- It is forbidden to draw, paint or affix items on the walls of the animal houses or on other structures or paths at the zoo.